Things you need to remember;
- – Don’t stress about being fixed because you’re not broken.
- -Remember to remind yourself of your accomplishments. Tell yourself that you’re proud of yourself, even if you’re not.
- – This is temporary. You won’t always feel like this.
- -You are not alone.
- -You are enough.
- -You are important.
- -You are worth it.
- -You are strong.
- -You are not a failure,
- -Good people exist.
- -Reaching out shows strength.
- -Don’t listen to the thoughts that are not helping you.
- -Give yourself credit.
- -Don’t be ashamed of your emotions, for the good or bad ones.
- -Treat yourself the same way as you would treat a good friend.
- -Focus on the things you can change.
- -Let go of toxic people.
- -You don’t need to hide, you’re allowed to feel the way you do.
- -Try not to beat yourself up.
- -Something is always happening, you don’t want to miss out on what’s going to happen next.
- -You are not a bother.
- -Your existence is more than your appearance.
- -You are smart.
- -You are loved.
- -You are wanted.
- -You are needed.
- -Better days are coming.
- -Just because your past is dark, doesn’t mean your future isn’t bright.
- -You have more potential than you think.
- – Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
Please remember to look after yourself and know that you are more than worth it and you deserve to be happy. Keep smiling butterflies …..reposted from bangbangmermaid.tumblr.com…Oooft the best.
today a colleague asked if i would be interested in contracting with them to do some peer recovery coach training within their peer mental wellness trainings. of course, i said yes. of course i am flattered. i am also excited to dive into this work. i have been doing this for awhile as an afterthought to the jobs i have secured. now though i think that the distinct business of asking people to succeed and then following up with asking them to share their success is brilliant. i didn’t conceive of it, but i will utilize it.
below is a brochure for the basic trainings – it’s 9 days of opening your eyes and connecting them to your heart. i am excited to participate.
i am also doing more supervision for other addiction counselors. i think i am providing supervision for at least 6 counselors now. that also feels really good. and feels like a good use of time.
there have been stressful weeks recently. i have found myself feeling as if i am swimming against the current. i may have lost sight of which direction i am swimming towards. a tidal wave of whelm has left me hurriedly paddling just to move some air.
what is remaining clear is that i am happiest when i am engaged in my work. my work is more enjoyable and the time i spend away from work is more focused as well. how do i do this every day- day after day?
i guess it’s just practice.
live. work. love.
work to live.
work for love
now that was another 80’s song cue…