on September 17th 2016 at the colorado state capitol from 9am until 1pm we are hoping that hundreds of coloradans will get together and raise the roof on recovery capital at an event we are calling surrounded by recovery.
please consider joining us
as we circle the capital at noon and hold hands to raise awareness that recovery works and needs a voice. lets get this party started!!!!
surrounded by recovery is a combination of celebration of national recovery month combined with a consciousness raising effort to shine light upon some important issues in our state including:
- the prescription drug dependence and overdose epidemic that is affecting all 50 states but disproportionately in a few rural counties. a shift in approach to opioid use and treatment is needed now. recovery oriented treatment.
- the ever increasing need to use treatment and recovery instead of incarceration.
- mental health and wellness need to combined and blended in treatment and recovery options as at least 1/2 of each discipline are affected by both. mental health issues and substance use issues are integrated issues and need to be treated as such.
- families of origin and families of choice are invaluable resources and supports for persons seeking recovery. behavioral health dollars need to include more emphasis on families as well as individuals.
- recovery support and resiliency support by peers and prevention measures are quintessential to the majority of recovery success stories. all public money which is used for addiction and mental health issues should include prevention, treatment, and recovery as part of every strategy.
- drug treatment can be effective, however it is not successful in an island. the treatment philosophy needs to change to a (rosc) recovery oriented system of care. treatment is a vehicle to get to recovery/resilience. recovery demands support to maintain.
Ask any of our Alumni…
Recovery Coach Academy participants will:
1)Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
2)List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
3)Build skills to enhance relationships
4)Explore many dimensions of recovery of recovery and recovery coaching
5)Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
6)Understand the stages of recovery
7)Describe the stages of change and their applications
8)Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
9)Address ethical and boundaries issues
10)Experience recovery wellness planning
11)Practice newly acquired skills
12) Expand your spiritual experiences in recovery.
Things you need to remember;
- – Don’t stress about being fixed because you’re not broken.
- -Remember to remind yourself of your accomplishments. Tell yourself that you’re proud of yourself, even if you’re not.
- – This is temporary. You won’t always feel like this.
- -You are not alone.
- -You are enough.
- -You are important.
- -You are worth it.
- -You are strong.
- -You are not a failure,
- -Good people exist.
- -Reaching out shows strength.
- -Don’t listen to the thoughts that are not helping you.
- -Give yourself credit.
- -Don’t be ashamed of your emotions, for the good or bad ones.
- -Treat yourself the same way as you would treat a good friend.
- -Focus on the things you can change.
- -Let go of toxic people.
- -You don’t need to hide, you’re allowed to feel the way you do.
- -Try not to beat yourself up.
- -Something is always happening, you don’t want to miss out on what’s going to happen next.
- -You are not a bother.
- -Your existence is more than your appearance.
- -You are smart.
- -You are loved.
- -You are wanted.
- -You are needed.
- -Better days are coming.
- -Just because your past is dark, doesn’t mean your future isn’t bright.
- -You have more potential than you think.
- – Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
Please remember to look after yourself and know that you are more than worth it and you deserve to be happy. Keep smiling butterflies …..reposted from bangbangmermaid.tumblr.com…Oooft the best.